Part found laying in bottom.

Lowarea

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
upstate NY - Horseheads
I'm new to pool ownership and psyched to get it opened in a few weeks. I'm getting more confident about a successful opening thanks to the many resources on this site. I've read pool school a few times and have poured over many posts.

I just purchased the house in mid winter and know the pool was not used last summer. I'm not sure if it was opened or not but the house was empty by early June and for my area meant very little swimming. The prior owner was meticulous about maintenance around the house and am pretty confident that the pool was always taken care of.

I pulled the cover back 3-4 feet for the first good look at what I'm getting into. I was very happy with what the water looked like and have my TF-100 in hand once the cover comes off for good in about 2 weeks.

I haven't spent much time on pool construction until now. After pulling the cover back I found several pieces of a "gasket" material laying in the bottom. (see photos) Any guesses on what it is used for? I'm pretty handy around the house and up for most challenges but I'm not sure what I might be getting into here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10461857 ... dP11oT86QE

In addition to the gasket laying in the bottom, the vinyl liner has pulled free just a little bit in two of the corners, maybe 1" to 2" along the edge leaving a 1/2" or so gap (sorry no photos, thought I took some) Not being familiar with how liners are held in place I'm not sure if that is something I can address or should be looking at getting the local pros involved.

Thanks

That's bead trim. I've never seen that type used on a pool. The most common place to find that type trim is on table edges.

Since the liner has come out of the receiver they may have tried to use it as liner lock. And speaking of that you can get some and reinsert the liner and use liner lock to help hold it in place. It's a DIY job, just be sure to let the liner warm up good before trying to stretch it back in place.

You can usually get it at a pool store but if they don't stock it you can order it online.

The liner hooks into the bead receiver, but sometimes it will pull out for whatever reason and all you have to do is stick some liner lock in the receiver after you put the bead back in and it helps hold it in place. You just need to install it where the bead is coming out of the receiver. However, I'd go a foot or two either side of the places it's coming out.

Check real close to make sure it's not some strange receiver that requires the style of trim that you found.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.