Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Eco-Star Pump - Clicking Noise I just noticed

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Eco-Star Pump - Clicking Noise I just noticed

I'm really bummed this afternoon. Has anyone with experience with hayward pumps ever noticed a noise like this? I recorded a quick video of the back of the pump. I don't know how long it's been doing this, but it doesn't sound right. Is my pump about to die? I'm about 6 months out of my warranty period too.....

https://www.dropbox.com/l/JlvJsvjVesrOF8E3AaSjRM1

I'm not thinking this is something I can fix, but if any of you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them. I'm open to popping off any covers and taking a deeper look. I just didn't want to go to the trouble if there would be absolutely nothing behind them that I could service myself.

Thanks for any suggestions! I hope I'm not about to be out another G for a new pump. That will be a pricy item if I have to budget a new one every 1.5 years. Kinda throws off the energy efficiency/cost savings equation a bit..
    20,000 Gallon, Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Sand Filter
    South Mississippi

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Eco-Star Pump - Clicking Noise I just noticed

Are you sure it's not just the plastic cover rattling? It doesn't sound bad to me. If you push on the back cover does it stop?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Eco-Star Pump - Clicking Noise I just noticed

I don't know how or why it would have moved, but that's a good idea. I will try to man handle the cover and see if I can manipulate it in any way.
    20,000 Gallon, Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Sand Filter
    South Mississippi