High Accuracy pH Test - Drop Count Test ???

Apr 12, 2013
I have TF100 Test kit, and another from Taylor, both use color match test.

I would prefer a Higher accuracy test for pH, using a drop count test or whatever.

If so, can you provide a link or place to buy the pH test.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the color match pH test from Taylor is the best thing available.

There are some digital meters, but there is always a question of whether it is accurate or not and how often it needs to be calibrated.

Just keep the Taylor test in the "orange" and out of the yellow and pink and you should be fine.

USA Would be Palintest photometers, which give an easier reading than comparator tests, I use the word easier as they are very accurate and require calibration very rarely but have no real benefit to a domestic user unless you of are colour blind/partially sighted. Photometers are expensive pieces of kit - palintest especially, additionally with palintest the cost of re-agents is very high, but they are far more convenient and easier than comparator type tests (colour matching) so I guess if you want to splash the cash around for the piece of kit it's your own choice.

I use a Palintest 7100 here in the UK, but it is for pool servicing, and still need an FAS-DPD drop kit for higher chlorine levels. If you were Europe side I would recommend a Lovibond Photometer. Avoid the cheap and nasty photometers, their accuracy is far from satisfactory, only the big brand equipment is worthwhile of consideration, but they do come in around USD$400 starting prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.