Intelliflo VF minimum flow rate with liquidator

Urodoc

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2012
I have an intelliflo VF pump and was thinking of adding an 8 gal liquidator.
2 questions:

1.) What is the minimum flow that I can run the pump to provide enough suction for the liquidator?
--I would like to lower my flow as much as possible to minimize electricity use.

2.) Would it be sub-optimal to plumb this into the drain basket plug of my pump(intake) and into the unused inline chlorinator (output) (post filter and heater), or should I just plan to perforate the PVS as per normal installation? The chlorinator is about 4 feet from the filter, but I'm not sure how much linear feet of pipe it is from the filter, probably more like 7-8ft.

thanks! :-D

At 37,000 gallons I would not suggest a LQ (liquidator). You'll find that you have to constantly refill it and you won't be much better off than manually dosing it. Also the LQ will limit the lowest speed that you'll be able to run the pump, thereby reducing the savings that the pump is designed for and you most likely bought it for. You should look into and injection pump or a swg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.