Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo VF minimum flow rate with liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflo VF minimum flow rate with liquidator

I have an intelliflo VF pump and was thinking of adding an 8 gal liquidator.
    2 questions:

1.) What is the minimum flow that I can run the pump to provide enough suction for the liquidator?
    --I would like to lower my flow as much as possible to minimize electricity use.

2.) Would it be sub-optimal to plumb this into the drain basket plug of my pump(intake) and into the unused inline chlorinator (output) (post filter and heater), or should I just plan to perforate the PVS as per normal installation? The chlorinator is about 4 feet from the filter, but I'm not sure how much linear feet of pipe it is from the filter, probably more like 7-8ft.

thanks!
    IG pool 37,000gal with attached spa, gunite with aqua blue pebblesheen, Intelliflo VF pump, Pentair FNSP60 DE filter, Polaris 280 cleaner, Jandy LXi heater, Polaris QT blower, poolskim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo VF minimum flow rate with liquidator

At 37,000 gallons I would not suggest a LQ (liquidator). You'll find that you have to constantly refill it and you won't be much better off than manually dosing it. Also the LQ will limit the lowest speed that you'll be able to run the pump, thereby reducing the savings that the pump is designed for and you most likely bought it for. You should look into and injection pump or a swg.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intelliflo VF minimum flow rate with liquidator

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!!
    IG pool 37,000gal with attached spa, gunite with aqua blue pebblesheen, Intelliflo VF pump, Pentair FNSP60 DE filter, Polaris 280 cleaner, Jandy LXi heater, Polaris QT blower, poolskim