Change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner?

Apr 22, 2013
I have a 16 X 32 pool made of vermiculite bottom and polymer sides. The bottom has crumbled and the estimate I got was $2000 :?: -4000.00 to redo. Is there a way to change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner. I have had the pool company put 3 liners in the past 10 year and they don't last. Is there any other solution to change the style of pool (fiberglass, etc.). :?: :evil:

In my experience premium grade liners can last much longer than the bargain basement liners, also the liners will last much longer in properly balanced pools, by far the number one killer of liners is abuse, often in the form of people dumping chemicals into them and letting the chemicals settle on the bottom without proper dilution, etc. (this includes liquid muriatic acid which is much heavier than water and will tend to sink to the lowest point it can find, this is why is is so important to add acid slowly and in front of a return eyeball).

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.