Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner?

I have a 16 X 32 pool made of vermiculite bottom and polymer sides. The bottom has crumbled and the estimate I got was $2000 -4000.00 to redo. Is there a way to change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner. I have had the pool company put 3 liners in the past 10 year and they don't last. Is there any other solution to change the style of pool (fiberglass, etc.).

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Change it from a vinyl liner to a pool without a liner?

sure, but it's just about the same costs as putting in a totally new pool because that's what it is

3. Back To Top    #3

I would think the real question is why is your bottom failing, and why are you going through so many liners? What excuses were you given by your previous installers?
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

4. Back To Top    #4

In my experience premium grade liners can last much longer than the bargain basement liners, also the liners will last much longer in properly balanced pools, by far the number one killer of liners is abuse, often in the form of people dumping chemicals into them and letting the chemicals settle on the bottom without proper dilution, etc. (this includes liquid muriatic acid which is much heavier than water and will tend to sink to the lowest point it can find, this is why is is so important to add acid slowly and in front of a return eyeball).

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~