Repair & question on Aqua Rite

KenShu

Jul 3, 2011
[attachment=0:2i4ukrvv]SWG curr lim.pdf[/attachment:2i4ukrvv]REPAIR: Just replaced current limiter (CL) on my Aqua Rite SWG. Followed this forum on how to, and added an option. Rather than engineer a cooling method for my SWG box (it's in the sun in Houston, so it IS going to get hot, I went for an ease-of-replacement for the CL each year or two.) 1. Unsolder the old CL. 2. In the unsoldered circuit board holes, solder in #12 romex house wire an inch or two long. 3) Onto each wire, solder a female terminal cable lug (cut off the plastic part first). 4) Trim off unneeded length #12 wire. 5) Use needle-nose pliers to push one leg of the CL into each female lug. Since heat is the problem, leaving as much length of the CL legs in place will act to radiate heat, rather than requiring the CL to shed heat completely on its own.

QUESTION:
On my Aqua Rite SWG, my readings are (while generating):
Cell voltage = 26.6
Cell current = 2.44
Are those OK?

Also, it's asking me to Check Salt, although my test strip reading = 3,600. It's also asking me to Inspect Cell, so I think I need to do that.

Expert guidance please?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Attachments

• SWG curr lim.pdf
    155.6 KB · Views: 24
Just finished cleaning my Aqua Rite SWG T-15 cell until acid wash ran clear.

Now my readings are (while generating):
Cell voltage = 25.1
Cell current = 2.45

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.