Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repair & question on Aqua Rite

1. Back To Top    #1

Repair & question on Aqua Rite

[attachment=0:2i4ukrvv]SWG curr lim.pdf[/attachment:2i4ukrvv]REPAIR: Just replaced current limiter (CL) on my Aqua Rite SWG. Followed this forum on how to, and added an option. Rather than engineer a cooling method for my SWG box (it's in the sun in Houston, so it IS going to get hot, I went for an ease-of-replacement for the CL each year or two.) 1. Unsolder the old CL. 2. In the unsoldered circuit board holes, solder in #12 romex house wire an inch or two long. 3) Onto each wire, solder a female terminal cable lug (cut off the plastic part first). 4) Trim off unneeded length #12 wire. 5) Use needle-nose pliers to push one leg of the CL into each female lug. Since heat is the problem, leaving as much length of the CL legs in place will act to radiate heat, rather than requiring the CL to shed heat completely on its own.

QUESTION:
    On my Aqua Rite SWG, my readings are (while generating):
    Cell voltage = 26.6
    Cell current = 2.44
    Are those OK?

Also, it's asking me to Check Salt, although my test strip reading = 3,600. It's also asking me to Inspect Cell, so I think I need to do that.

Expert guidance please?

Thanks in advance,
    Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files
    KenShu, Houston TX: 18.5Kgallon in-ground plaster pool+spa, Hayward DE48 filter, AquaRite SWG, AOSmith 1.5HP pump, Hayward 350KBTU heater, Polaris360, TFTTestKit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repair & question on Aqua Rite

That current seems low. How old is the cell?
    Sounds like you need to clean the cell.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

3 years old.

The Current Limiter is brand new. Is there a 'break-in period', after which current might come up to specs?

Thanks
    KenShu, Houston TX: 18.5Kgallon in-ground plaster pool+spa, Hayward DE48 filter, AquaRite SWG, AOSmith 1.5HP pump, Hayward 350KBTU heater, Polaris360, TFTTestKit.

4. Back To Top    #4

When was the last time you cleaned the cell?

There is no break in period.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The cell has been inspected many times but never cleaned. In process of doing that now.

Will echo new electrical readings once they are available.

6. Back To Top    #6

Just finished cleaning my Aqua Rite SWG T-15 cell until acid wash ran clear.

Now my readings are (while generating):
    Cell voltage = 25.1
    Cell current = 2.45

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Ken