Paver Placement

Apr 22, 2013
I cant seem to wrap my head around how i would place my 12x12 pavers that i bought to put under the legs (intex ultra 20x52). Do i really need to have pavers? I realize if i use the pavers they need to be flush with the ground. Should i put the frame together just to see where the pavers should go before installing the pool or what?

Leveling the pool is the most hardest and crucial step in assembling your above ground pool! It is the foundation and critical in the safety of everyone who will be using the pool. Good luck and post pics so we can all share in your enjoyment of your new pool!

well I got a guy that is going to do the leveling for me. He will be using a small tracker and a laser level. He suggested after he levels it I should let it sit a week so that it would give the ground time to settle? I don't know about that I mean we are not adding any dirt, really just digging down on one side like 6-8 inches. Plus i can hardly wait to put the pool up. It seems thats all i can think about...I'm still stumped on whether or not to use the pavers.

You need to use pavers. Between splash out and rain your ground will get wet and soft and the weight of the pool and water will cause the legs to sink. When we had out intex we did what Bama suggested and laid the pool out and got the pump area turned where we wanted it and just placed the pavers before we started filling the pool

i went the paver route under my 18x52 ultra frame pool for the first year but as the pool fills the legs move outward at the bottom which caused me to end up with a couple of the pavers under the liner. I left my pool up all winter so this spring i drained it half way down and used 2- 2x4's to raise each leg and remove all the pavers and filled in the divits where the pavers were with sand and cut 8x8 pieces of 3/4 treated plywood and placed them under the legs and screwed them to the plastic feet(flush with the inside of the plastic foot so as i fill the pool the wood wil move with the legs...worked out great for me......jmo.....Mike

Thanks for all the help so far. Here is:
-Level ground perfectly using a laser level.
-Put the top rails together with using the T attachments so I will be able to see where each leg will be.
-Sink 12x12 pavers flush with the ground. (I will sink the pavers a little further back since the consensus seems to be on here is when you began filling the pool with water the legs tend to move out.
-Take apart top rail, then begin putting the pool together.
-Sorry if it seems that I'm stressing I just really want this pool to be perfectly level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ditto on your pavers. I've got 5" in my 14' ultra right now, waiting for enough water to push the feet out enough to position the pavers. I can dig down in the top sand 1-2", but under than us heavily compacted rock which will be a pain.

I did get 6x9"s instead of 12x12"s, so I'm waiting till the last minute for my "aim".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.