Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 5 days from green swamp to clear! Thank you!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

5 days from green swamp to clear! Thank you!!!

just wanted to say thanks for the link http://www.troublefreepool.com/turni...sis-t4147.html

After winterinzing our 17x29 above ground vinyl pool, we took off cover to find a green swamp. After following advice on your post EXACTLY, within 5 days water was almost crystal clear again.

Your site has been like my pool bible. I use the pool calculator every time I test, and use the recommended BBB method. Saves me lots of time and money. Thank you for all the work and valuable information here. A year ago, I knew nothing about pool ownership, and now I am helping friends that have been pool owners for years by recommending your site. Many thanks!!!

P.s. I would post before/after pics, but can't figure out how to get pictures posted
    14,800 Gal / AGP Portable / Vinyl / Hayward Power-Flo Pro LX / Sand Filter / Installed 7/2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 5 days from green swamp to clear! Thank you!!!

Welcome to TFP! Good to hear that you solved your algae issues.

To post pictures, you should use the full editor reply option and then, on the bottom of the page when you are replying, you will find the option of adding files. Add your image files that way and you'll be putting up images in no time.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here are the before & after pics! Still a little bit cloudy, but the pump should take care of that. All live algae is gone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14,800 Gal / AGP Portable / Vinyl / Hayward Power-Flo Pro LX / Sand Filter / Installed 7/2012

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, acajunintexas

You are making great progress!

Just checking...What are your OCLT and CC levels? Do not stop the shocking process until you pass all three end of shocking criteria (in my sig) including clear water. Also, adding DE to a sand filter can speed up the clearing process.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Where you at Cajun? I'm from Kenner, living in Plano now

Couldn't be a pool owner without TFP.
    Plano, TX
    20,000 gallons Kidney Bean IG Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 530 Cartridge Filter