Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie Here!! Intex Ultra 20x52

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie Here!! Intex Ultra 20x52

First off I want to say thanks to the forum members for all the help so far! This forum and members are great.

I just bought a 20x52 ultra frame intex pool. It came with the sand pump and i purchased separately the salt water system. Right now i am in the process of starting to get the ground level, and trying to learn everything I can before i put the pool up. So far I only have a few questions right now, but I'm sure I will have more.

1. My manual does not state how many pounds of salt to put in my particular pool. I'm guessing my pool is newer than the manual. Could someone tell me? (20x52 ultra frame)

2. I have noticed some people put their pump and SW system in plastic totes. I plan on def putting my SW system in a tote, but do not know if i should put my sand pump in a tote. The manual states it needs to breath, but does not need to get wet and stuff. Any ideas on what I should do?
    24x54 Saltwater 8000 (thepoolfactory), Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1.5Hp 1-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, AquaBot Pura 4X

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie Here!! Intex Ultra 20x52

Welcome to TFP!

You need to determine what the optimum salt level is for your particular pool. Once you have that, you can use the pool calculator (link in my sig) to determine how much you need to add, based upon the total gallons of your pool.

Not too certain about the storage of your sand filter. I will let someone else answer that.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP, thedarktitan

Per the Intex Saltwater Chlorine generators (swg) manual, your pool is 8638 gallons (same size as metal frame pools listed) and it needs 220 pounds of [s:1awlktj6]sand[/s:1awlktj6] salt to get to Intex's recommended 3000 ppm of salt. I also use the intex swg, but I run it slightly higher at the beginning of the year at about 3400 ppm. Here are the tfp guidelines for swgs: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ater_generator

Quote Originally Posted by thedarktitan
    2. I have noticed some people put their pump and SW system in plastic totes. I plan on def putting my SW system in a tote, but do not know if i should put my sand pump in a tote. The manual states it needs to breath, but does not need to get wet and stuff. Any ideas on what I should do?
    I have not seen this before and I am not sure why they are doing that. I do not put my swg in anything, it sits on my paver pad right next to my pump and filter.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Per the Intex Saltwater Chlorine generators (swg) manual, your pool is 8638 gallons (same size as metal frame pools listed) and it needs 220 pounds of sand to get to Intex's recommended 3000 ppm of salt.
    He means salt, not sand.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    He means salt, not sand.
    Or did I ...j/k, yep Casey is correct, I meant salt! Thanks Casey
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.