I am a novice pool person. I've been down in Miami visiting my mother who usually has a perfectly clean pool but had developed and Algae bloom by the time I arrived and we've been trying to trouble shoot this thing now for 7 days. Here is what I think led to the problem:
- She had a pool guy but couldn't afford the service any more (obvious start)
- She had an Aquarite automated chlorinator that has malfunctioned and the cell broke
- she then moved over to tablets for chlorine and she had shocked it a few times.
When I got here she had a green pool and was using tablets. I went to the pool guys and every time I go I get a different person but I've been led to do the following:
*** they first said I had too much stabilizer and it was preventing the chlorine from working in the pool.
- I drained 3 ft of water out of the pool and we filled it back up and shocked it.
- I used Aqua Floc and was able to vacuum (to waste) a lot of algae after a few days. this got the pool close to clean but still lightly cloudy
- Now I've been sent down the Phosphate Remover path and am continuously running the filter for 24hrs and will then be putting in Rescue Klear and running filter again continuously.
I apologize for not having my actual readings, but they've been saying everything is normal, except the last visit which showed high phosphates.
PLEASE HELP! I feel like I'm being given product after product without a clear solution.