Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crack/pit in cantilever

1. Back To Top    #1

Crack/pit in cantilever

Just had my concrete poured Friday. They removed he for a yesterday evening and I got out there this morning to look at the rests. Everything looks good with exception of one area I noticed on the cantilever by the stairs. Can you me if this is something normal and can be expected with concrete pour, or should I proceed to bring it up with my PB
    22,300 gallon Inground Vinyl Liner pool
    Hayward DE 3620 filter Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump
    1 Skimmer, 2 Main Drains, 2 Returns, 2 step Jets, 8 ft x 3ft waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: Crack/pit in cantilever

They should fill the void as well as smooth the cantaliever. The void is an air pocket they didn't vibrate well enough. It can be filled in as well as finishing the rest of the coping so it won't scratch your hands, arms and parts when in the pool. (folks love to hang over the edge)
    I would bring it up with the PB.

I did my own pour and since the water was only 38 degrees I opted to wait until this spring to smooth it out. If the water would have been warmer I would have pulled the forms as soon as the concrete held its own weight and skimmed the coping with more concrete to smooth it out.
    I just need to start sanding it smooth just like they do with any stone countertop or concrete walk.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.