New DIY Pool. pipe & plumbing design help required

Apr 21, 2013
Hi all.
New to the forums. looks like there is some good info here.

hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I am currently in the middle of building a new pool in Spain. The concrete base and the walls are complete. with 1.5" pipes in the walls for the 3 inlets & 1 Vac point, Skimmers also installed. main drain & light housing also installed.

Ive had a discussion with the pool shop in the local town. who did a rough sketch of the skimmer and inlet plumbing.

I have a couple of questions..

The inlet design by the shop looks correct to me as it should give equal flow to all inlets.
[attachment=0:2sozhlu8]Inlet design (Copy).jpg[/attachment:2sozhlu8]
The design for skimmer also looks ok BUT I'm concerned that if I were to get a blockage in the single pipe. I would loose the use of both skimmers?
[attachment=1:2sozhlu8]Skimmer design (Copy).jpg[/attachment:2sozhlu8]

Would I be better to run 2 seperate skimmer pipes back to the 3 or 4 way manifold with a valves on each pipe?

Should the vacume pipe be run straight to the manifold isolated with a valve in the pump house or can i connect it via the skimmer?

I can't seem to add images here.
So a link to photobucket of the 5 days of pool construction so far..

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/jodal66 ... ing%20Pool
http://s10.photobucket.com/user/jodal66 ... ool%20pics

Cheers
Jodal

Attachments

• Inlet design (Copy).jpg
    Inlet design (Copy).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 115
  • Skimmer design (Copy).jpg
    Skimmer design (Copy).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Inlet design (Copy).jpg
    Inlet design (Copy).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 114
Not an expert but I built my pool and made sure that each return and suction line has its own run.
I have 2 main drains connected to each other (prevents entrapment)
One skimmer on its on run
4 returns each run on thier own line with valves.
All 2 inch pipe.
I did this so I can control suction/flow anywhere in the pool as well as isolate lines if there is ever an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.