Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New DIY Pool. pipe & plumbing design help required

1. Back To Top    #1

New DIY Pool. pipe & plumbing design help required

Hi all.
    New to the forums. looks like there is some good info here.

hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I am currently in the middle of building a new pool in Spain. The concrete base and the walls are complete. with 1.5" pipes in the walls for the 3 inlets & 1 Vac point, Skimmers also installed. main drain & light housing also installed.

Ive had a discussion with the pool shop in the local town. who did a rough sketch of the skimmer and inlet plumbing.

I have a couple of questions..

The inlet design by the shop looks correct to me as it should give equal flow to all inlets.
    [attachment=0:2sozhlu8]Inlet design (Copy).jpg[/attachment:2sozhlu8]
    The design for skimmer also looks ok BUT I'm concerned that if I were to get a blockage in the single pipe. I would loose the use of both skimmers?
    [attachment=1:2sozhlu8]Skimmer design (Copy).jpg[/attachment:2sozhlu8]

Would I be better to run 2 seperate skimmer pipes back to the 3 or 4 way manifold with a valves on each pipe?

Should the vacume pipe be run straight to the manifold isolated with a valve in the pump house or can i connect it via the skimmer?

I can't seem to add images here.
    So a link to photobucket of the 5 days of pool construction so far.. ... ing%20Pool ... ool%20pics

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: New DIY Pool. pipe & plumbing design help required

Not an expert but I built my pool and made sure that each return and suction line has its own run.
    I have 2 main drains connected to each other (prevents entrapment)
    One skimmer on its on run
    4 returns each run on thier own line with valves.
    All 2 inch pipe.
    I did this so I can control suction/flow anywhere in the pool as well as isolate lines if there is ever an issue.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.