Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bonding?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bonding?

Well I thought I did a great job with my equipment pad relocation........ until I noticed this word keep coming up "Bonded" well guess what if my pool was, its not anymore . Now I do think I recall seeing the wire but thought it was just a grounding wire that I would move to the new location with a new ground round. Does everyone think I should redig up my yard and find that wire to connect to my pump? or will I be ok without it? (And yes I already probably know the answer to this but figured it was worth a shot
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bonding?

Yea, that should be connected.

The bonding wire just needs to be connected to the rest of the bonding, which goes all the way around the pool. It doesn't need to be connected to the specific wire that it used to be connected to. Depending on your situation, it is possible that you can find some other location that has a bonding wire that is easier to access.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm pretty sure hunting that wire down will be the easiest, I hope. I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid! Dang! Thanks Jason

4. Back To Top    #4

Found it
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

Great.

Now connect it up to the equipment with #8 solid copper and approved bonding connectors (normally split bolts).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I have to dig it up first, I'll probably do that tonight when I get home. That was just a pic I found it in. Haha boy of it could only be that easy