When to drain it

Apr 21, 2013
Kansas City, Mo
I'm going to replace my vinyl liner this year and I'm trying to figure out when to drain it because obviously you have to to replace it but I need to measure for a new one and to get the best measurement It will have to be empty correct? I keep looking for answers and all it keeps saying is do not drain your pool because walls could cave in or whatever. And if I drain it to measure for a new one I'm sure it will take a few weeks for new liner to get here so what to do?

Welcome to the forum. :lol: If you know the pool manufacturer, you should be able to find the correct size by contacting them.

If you do not, or it is a custom size, I would measure it with water in it rather than leave it empty for more than a day or two. I believe you can do it just as accurately when it's full.....just less conveniently.

No I don't know who the manufacturer is I just bought the house last year but its an older pool. The only problem I have is the pool is really green from the winter so going to be hard to see the bottom to find measuring points and how am I supposed to measure the bottom by the main drain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.