Need Recommendations for New Pool

meganv

Jul 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hey all!

The husband and I are considering upgrading our pool at the end of the summer. We currently have a splash - a - round soft sided pool in the 9 x 19 size. Some rust is starting to show on one of the corners, and with so many patches already on this pool we feel like this may be a sign to change to a new pool.

We cannot get anything too much bigger due to the placement of our deck and a trampoline. Can anyone recommend an upgraded pool, possibly a 10 x 20? I tried looking but most of what I found was the intex 9 x 18, which would be going smaller.

As much as I would love to get a huge circle pool, we have to keep it a somewhat similar foot print.

Thanks for the advice, you amazing poo gurus!!

Thanks for the links CB! Quick question: according to the info on Family Pool Fun the 10 x 22 oval pool only has 4932 gallons. This sees odd to me as my 9 x 19 rectangular pool holds 5130. Does switching from a rectangle to an oval really make that much of a difference?

Also, does anyone have the 12 x 24 Intex pool and really like it? Or would I just be kicking myself in a few years for not upgrading to a more high end pool?

meganv said:
Thanks for the links CB! Quick question: according to the info on Family Pool Fun the 10 x 22 oval pool only has 4932 gallons. This sees odd to me as my 9 x 19 rectangular pool holds 5130. Does switching from a rectangle to an oval really make that much of a difference?

Also, does anyone have the 12 x 24 Intex pool and really like it? Or would I just be kicking myself in a few years for not upgrading to a more high end pool?

The difference in shape makes quite a bit of difference in volume.A rectangle pool of the same size holds almost 1000 gallons more than the oval.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.