Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Recommendations for New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Recommendations for New Pool

Hey all!

The husband and I are considering upgrading our pool at the end of the summer. We currently have a splash - a - round soft sided pool in the 9 x 19 size. Some rust is starting to show on one of the corners, and with so many patches already on this pool we feel like this may be a sign to change to a new pool.

We cannot get anything too much bigger due to the placement of our deck and a trampoline. Can anyone recommend an upgraded pool, possibly a 10 x 20? I tried looking but most of what I found was the intex 9 x 18, which would be going smaller.

As much as I would love to get a huge circle pool, we have to keep it a somewhat similar foot print.

Thanks for the advice, you amazing poo gurus!!
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

2. Back To Top    #2

Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need Recommendations for New Pool

Thanks for the links CB! Quick question: according to the info on Family Pool Fun the 10 x 22 oval pool only has 4932 gallons. This sees odd to me as my 9 x 19 rectangular pool holds 5130. Does switching from a rectangle to an oval really make that much of a difference?

Also, does anyone have the 12 x 24 Intex pool and really like it? Or would I just be kicking myself in a few years for not upgrading to a more high end pool?
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Need Recommendations for New Pool

Quote Originally Posted by meganv
    Thanks for the links CB! Quick question: according to the info on Family Pool Fun the 10 x 22 oval pool only has 4932 gallons. This sees odd to me as my 9 x 19 rectangular pool holds 5130. Does switching from a rectangle to an oval really make that much of a difference?

Also, does anyone have the 12 x 24 Intex pool and really like it? Or would I just be kicking myself in a few years for not upgrading to a more high end pool?

The difference in shape makes quite a bit of difference in volume.A rectangle pool of the same size holds almost 1000 gallons more than the oval.
    Rob

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    Borates
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season