Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Readings.... any suggested tweaks?

1. Back To Top    #1

First Readings.... any suggested tweaks?

Well two weeks ago there wasn't much on my cover here in upstate NY so i took the cover off, filled the pool up and hooked everything back up. Outside of an minor ongoing suction side leak (i will get it figured out this year) i am in good shape ... water was clear. I tested the water and CYA didn't register nor did chlorine and the ph was a touch low (7.1+-)

I have added stabilizer and chlorine and borax and after a few days have the following readings .. water is crystal clear but there are some debris still in the pool .... i am waiting a week after adding stabilizer before i vacuum.

56 degrees (up from mid 40's.... i'll be in by 5/15 )
    FC 5.5
    CC .5
    ph 7.3+-
    TA 70-80
    CYA 35-40
    CH 150

outside of bringing the ph up a wee tad to 7.5 should i do anything?? i had outstanding results last year and once i got up and running added bleach every day or two and muriatic acid once in august and that was it for the year
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Readings.... any suggested tweaks?

Your levels look great.

I wouldn't even bother tweaking the PH, it will be fine where it is and will tend to drift up very slowly towards where it should be.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First Readings.... any suggested tweaks?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Your levels look great.

I wouldn't even bother tweaking the PH, it will be fine where it is and will tend to drift up very slowly towards where it should be.

perfect .... you made my evening

next up is my suction side leak but for now i will enjoy my clear water
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner