FC and CC

nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
Hi Everyone!

It's been a month of reading this forum and finally taking on pool duties myself (thanks everyone!!). I just purchased the speedstir and we may have a problem...

Here are my results "swirling by hand"

FC: 4
CC: 0

Other numbers that stay constant, regardless if I used speedstir or not:

CH: 875 (Down from 1100 with a partial drain. And yes, it really is that high ;). Our regular water out here measures at 300, and the pool has been neglected chemical wise for two years I think! Another partial drain in our near future.)
CYA: 30
pH: 7.4
TA: 70

Here are my results using the speedstir

FC: 3
CC: 0.5

I repeated the FC/CC test five times to confirm because I thought I was losing it a bit :) I am apt to believe the speedstir since it probably mixes better, but what do you think? If CC is at 0.5, what is my next step to get it to 0?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We recommend only shocking when CC goes above 0.5, so no need to shock unless there is another reason such as the water not looking clear. I would guess the better stirring of the speedstir gives you the slightly lower FC reading, then there is just a little CC in your water (this is unusual and nothing to be worried about) that you would not see if you added 1 more drop during the FC part of the test. In the end you are using the approx. the same number of drop for both tests. Most likely the speedstir tesing is closer to the actual, though both results are close enough to be within the accuracy of the test.

Phew. Thank you! Will the CC ever go away on its own (assuming my number never goes up) or is it a measurement I should get used to seeing?

I've actually had a good time figuring out our pool situation without a pool guy/pool store, but because I'm new-- I get nervous :)

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CC likely will go away. I had zero for weeks, recently now that we are using the pool I see 0.5 on occasion. The FC and sun will take care of it.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.