Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC and CC

1. Back To Top    #1

FC and CC

Hi Everyone!

It's been a month of reading this forum and finally taking on pool duties myself (thanks everyone!!). I just purchased the speedstir and we may have a problem...

Here are my results "swirling by hand"

FC: 4
    CC: 0

Other numbers that stay constant, regardless if I used speedstir or not:

CH: 875 (Down from 1100 with a partial drain. And yes, it really is that high . Our regular water out here measures at 300, and the pool has been neglected chemical wise for two years I think! Another partial drain in our near future.)
    CYA: 30
    pH: 7.4
    TA: 70

Here are my results using the speedstir

FC: 3
    CC: 0.5

I repeated the FC/CC test five times to confirm because I thought I was losing it a bit I am apt to believe the speedstir since it probably mixes better, but what do you think? If CC is at 0.5, what is my next step to get it to 0?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    13,000 gallon plaster salt water pool. Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG (APURE1400)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: FC and CC

We recommend only shocking when CC goes above 0.5, so no need to shock unless there is another reason such as the water not looking clear. I would guess the better stirring of the speedstir gives you the slightly lower FC reading, then there is just a little CC in your water (this is unusual and nothing to be worried about) that you would not see if you added 1 more drop during the FC part of the test. In the end you are using the approx. the same number of drop for both tests. Most likely the speedstir tesing is closer to the actual, though both results are close enough to be within the accuracy of the test.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Phew. Thank you! Will the CC ever go away on its own (assuming my number never goes up) or is it a measurement I should get used to seeing?

I've actually had a good time figuring out our pool situation without a pool guy/pool store, but because I'm new-- I get nervous

Thanks again!

13,000 gallon plaster salt water pool. Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG (APURE1400)

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

The CC likely will go away. I had zero for weeks, recently now that we are using the pool I see 0.5 on occasion. The FC and sun will take care of it.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    East Texas

CC is gonna have to be over 1 for me in the heat of the summer to warrant a shock procedure. It WILL burn off and is not necessarily an indication that you have algae.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome! Thank you!