Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot High Salt Reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot High Salt Reading

I had my water tested a few times and it is at 3200ppm. The Autopilot says it is at 6800ppm. I tried to reset the calibration but it stays at 6800ppm. I removed the Tri-Sensor and all is clean. I checked the cable and there is continuity and no shorts. Any Ideas?

Thank you for reading

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Autopilot High Salt Reading

Welcome to TFP!

What did you use to measure the salt level? Many of the common salt tests are not at all reliable, though a few of them are alright.

If the AutoPilot is really off by that much, there is no way to adjust it that far, calibration is limited to something like +-1000.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I had the local pool store test it. I am sure they are not off by that much.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Did you have the same store check it each time? If so, I'd take a sample to a couple different stores. The first one may have test issues.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit