High fc with very low cya

I just filled my new pool/spa 4 or 5 days ago with well water, with high Manganese content. I added one 3" "4 in one" puck in a floater. Using test strips, the chlorine tests very high, and cya very low. The ph and alkalinity are good. Taking into consideration the accuracy of a strip test, should I order a test kit, wait a few more days and see what changes? I have read a few articles here and nothing seems to address this type of problem. I am indoor with a insulated cover. 7 x 14 x 5 feet deep. Epoxy painted concrete, keeping it about 90 degrees.

In keeping with the above recommendations, I would offer that the only thing that we really recommend strips for here are for checking salt levels or borate levels.

Out of curiosity, have you used a sequestrant for your Mn issue? Manganese is typically less common of a problem than iron or copper, but it can cause blue stains on surfaces and also turn your water a very interesting sort of purple color.

Even though the well water is filtered with a large iron removing softener and 2 cu/ft backwash filter then a 5 micron cartridge, I still got the dreaded ring around the toilet, or now ring around the pool. I did look into getting water delivered, but they were so far away they wouldn't come . Plus there was a minimum when I only needed 2500 gal.
I have a product called "Metal Gone" and another called "Bright and Clear" from my neighbors spa,(they use Pool Geek), are any of these sequestrants? They don't give the chemicals on the label but work for their spa which is using Bromine.
I don't want this problem every time I add water so I should get a charger on my incoming well line to precipitate more metal before it is filtered.
Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.