Help me do 1st step, had to fill with pond water(UPDATE)

Re: Help me do 1st step, had to fill with pond water

I read Duraleigh's comments as filter, vacum to filter, then backwash filter when your psi goes up 25 percent.
That's correct.

1. Filter 24/7 pump running

2. Vacuum as often as you can...leave multiport in "filter" position.

3. Backwash when you get a 25% increase in filter pressure.

I am clear on my understanding of the procedure now. Thanks! (Note to self.....next time don't wear work shirt shirt when adding bleach on windy day:):)

Lizzieann said:
I am clear on my understanding of the procedure now. Thanks! (Note to self.....next time don't wear work shirt shirt when adding bleach on windy day:):)

I'm only using old tshirts this year, I destroyed too many good shirts last summer from all the splash back

Actually, I see significant progress in the pics. Keep the faith, that's a small filter and you are asking it to do a BIG job.

Just as reminders, are you keeping chlorine in the pool? Are you running the pump 24/7 and backwashing after a 25% psi increase? Have you added half the CYA (approx 25ppm) yet?

Yes, keeping chlorine up, pump running, skimmer sock being washed at least 2 x day or more. Plan on adding CYA this weekend. Didn't add it yet as i have been having a lot of rain and have used that as benefit of extra water that i was able to vacuum to waste to help bypass the filter. Filter pressure has been backwashed often as extra rain water allowed this.

Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you and the pool were getting along yesterday while I ws at work. It looks a lot better! It takes awhile to get it looking good since it was filled from a pond! Keep at it and this time next week, you'll be able to see significant progress! It takes a lot of time though!

POP= Pool Owner Patience! Get some and keep up the good work!! :mrgreen:

Hallelujah!!!! Today, I can see the bottom!!! Took me longer than it should have but i stayed with it! I am not going to post pics until it's all clear.

Lizzieann said:
Hallelujah!!!! Today, I can see the bottom!!! Took me longer than it should have but i stayed with it! I am not going to post pics until it's all clear.
:cheers:

I'll bet you get obsessive about maintaining pool chemistry so you never, ever, have to clear cloudy water again! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow!!! You did great n I love the deck!!! Congratulations on a job well done!!!

Thank you! I feel good about the test numbers. It has been raining today so had to take a break from working on the deck. Actually, the portion you see of the deck is only the bottom 1/2 so we can enjoy swimming while continuing working on building. The deck, in the end, is planned for twice that the size of what you see in the picture with steps coming along the back portion the entire deck length and to an upper level about size of what is shown now.
6.5 ft privacy fence on the right side and railing on the left side. I removed the top cap in the far right section in the picture as that is where a waterfall is planned on going in.
I am putting a "hatch" in as recommended as our equipement is under the deck on the left.
Put down 6ml plastic under entire deck with pins all the way under and up the bottom of pool wall and installed perf pipe french drain topped with lots of pea gravel so splash out will not be a problem. I am excited to try getting that waterfall installed soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.