8% Chlorine?

It's the same stuff, just more concentrated. The other stuff is still nearly all water and salt, just like before, with the same few additional ingredients. It does however have a slightly shorter shelf life, thought still most of a year.

The new 8% stuff is a win for us who use bleach. Just recalculate the amount. I only store a couple weeks worth (summer) so higher concentration just means less jugs. Always pour slowly over deep end returns and I arch it away from wall in deep end returns. Best to just pour from jug, easy and less mess and less chance of splash back. So I hit the deep end returns and half way between. Best late in day when swimming over and pump still running for another hour. In 2100 pool in full sun 11-5 and 90+ temps a half jug +2 works well to keep it trouble free. Half jug in spring and fall last 2 days. In winter half jug last 3-4 days. This makes for low maintenance in off season and not concerned about 7-9 CL spikes, looking for low maintenance. In heart of swim season with 50 CYA I keep it 4-6 CL and daily half jugs of 8%. Gone for the weekend just add a full jug and no worry. I have features which aerate so to keep calcium build up and rising PH, add acid on regular basis and baking soda when TA gets below 70. When out of town I've learned how to setup clems for every other day. They just pour in partial jugs I have waiting for bleach and acid and I set TA in higher range before I leave.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.