Sta Rite Heater problem

Apr 19, 2013
I can press pool on button and the heater will turn on and heat to the thermostats setting and then turn off as it should. The problem is sometimes it doesn't turn back on and the service heater light is on. This happens randomly. Sometimes it will run fine for 1 day, sometimes 3-4 days before i notice it has stopped working. There are no led code lights illuminated on the back of the board and there are no error codes. I've tried to turn the thermostat up and down to cycle it on and off to see if it will act up with me there, but without any luck. I was hoping to see if the service heater light came on when it shut off or when it tried to restart. Anyone have any ideas? It's a 333K btu Sta Rite Max-e-therm.

Thanks, Matt.

Since you can't easily reproduce this it isn't going to be easy. You're going to need to a volt meter to start checking things when the heater acts up. You're going to have to check all of the safeties and you might find it, hopefully. It could just be the control board but without purchasing a new one you won't be able to swap it out to see. It could also be the module in that it's communicating correctly. Again, this type of problem is not easy to track down. Its trial and error.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.