Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help!!!

I just had a AGP installed last Saturday. I had to build a retaining wall around it. Well today it was raining pretty hard and I walked out there to check out the wall, and slipped and landed on the pool with my side. It bent the top rail a bit, but I was able to bend most of it out by hand, but it put a slight bend in the rail that holds the liner. I don't think it will hurt anything, but wanted to get an experts opinion. I tried to take a pic, but it's hard to really tell. I realize they probably get bent all the time by kids jumping on em or just walking on em, but I just went into panic mode since its only a week old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need some help!!!

File size is too big, will have to post pic tomorrow.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to tfp, M_Shep2345

As long as the wall is still in the bottom and top rails, then you should be fine. Hope you are okay.

Many users use photobucket (or other similar sites) to link to their photos.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm fine, was just panicking cause I didn't want my new pool to be tore up before I had a chance to even swim in it! Everything seems to be in place, just has a slight bend in the top rail. Thanks guys.

I will try to post some pics of the pool tomorrow. I am new to owning a pool, so I'm still in panic mode on everything!

5. Back To Top    #5

Were here to help
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh my!!! You're lucky you didn't hurt yourself!!! My daughter bent a top rail with her head, swimming under water with her eyes closed and coming up for air and BOOM! Her head came up right under the rail! I'm surprised she didn't face plant right into the side of the wall. Silly girl...

The structure of your pool should still be sound but your side, I bet it's screaming!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter