Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Okay to pour concrete in rain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Okay to pour concrete in rain?

Maybe this is a rookie question but my PB wants to pour our pool Monday and it is supposed to rain. Should I have him wait until a clear day?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Okay to pour concrete in rain?

PB says if it rains they won't pour - I misunderstood him. However, that presents new question. If pool is poured and it rains same day of pour, is that bad for the stability of the concrete?

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

If it rains the day they pour it, they usually tarp it. After a day, it usually won't hurt it to get rained on.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

A bit of rain typically only affects the cosmetic appearance and has little to do with it's stability.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

In general concrete (not sure about pool specific stuff) should be kept wet for several days after it is poured or should be painted with sealer to lock in moisture so it can cure correctly within 24 hours of being poured. This can be done a number of ways, through the use of wet burlap, running lawn type water sprinklers on timers every X hours, covering in plastic, etc. Failure to seal or keep freshly poured concrete wet for the first week or so after it is poured tends to lead to surface cracking.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~