Hi everyone - so glad to have found this forum and many useful links already!
Looking for some advice on my first time with a intex frame pool (we have done easy set before). I just had a stone patio laid that is 16' diameter, specifically for the pool.
I have a few questions:
1. My pool came with a tarp, can I just lay the tarp (ground cover) over the patio and then set up the pool? Any recommendations for additional layers?
2. I have the saltwater system as well. But haven't bought any kind of upgraded filter. The one my pool comes with is the 1000g one - will I be okay with adding the saltwater system or does anyone see any problems with this? I understand from reading other posts that I'll probably need to clean the filter quite frequently. Would rather not buy a different filter at this point, although willing in future to upgrade if need be.
3. I have to run an extension cord out about 50 feet and I bought a GCFI extension to run the filter and SWS off at Home Depot that I think will do? Any issues with this? I'd like to avoid installing a full outlet ($ for electrician) at this point if possible but want to be safe of course.
4. Noticed my pool doesn't come with any vacuum kit. Could someone recommedn one? I have a skimmer from our other pool but need some kind of vacuum system. There is a $20 one at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pool-Maintena ... 21083?_mm= not sure if this is too cheap to be good?
5. Best solar cover for 14' pool? I have one from our old 12' kinda tempted to just use that at first?
Sorry I know lots of questions. But I'm in Canada so summer isn't going to start here for a few weeks yet... so figure I have lots of time to plan.
thanks for everyone's help!