Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: One solution to high CH

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

One solution to high CH

Well, my CH is approaching 900 again. Warm temperatures and a lot of wind recently have evaporated it down. The weather forecast shows 20% chance of rain, at best, 8 days from now. I think I can rule out rainwater dilution for a while.

So, it's time for a partial drain and refill.

I noticed the kitchen drain was a little slow when I was using the disposal a few weeks ago, and a few months back we had to have the main line snaked out, so....

I pulled the cleanout plug behind the kitchen sink - the farthest point from the main drain line. I have a submersible pump flushing out my sewers now with pool water.A few thousand gallons ought to clean things out, don't you think?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: One solution to high CH

you would hope so .

I used your past example of rain water dilution myself this year and have had 14" of rain which really help bring CH down over the winter.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320