DIY Umbrella Sleeves

Feb 2, 2013
:wave: Hello fellow TFP enthusiasts! I'd like to have several umbrella sleeves in the concrete decking around my pool. I've found a few on-line but I'd love to make them myself because time is a factor. The pool is finished and the pb is building the retaining wall and will be putting the concrete in soon and I'm afraid if I order them they won't be here in time.

I read a thread on here recently but I cannot find it again...The poster had used a length of 1 1/2" pvc pipe for the sleeve and had even found a flush cap to seal it off when not being used. I'd LOVE to find out where those were purchased.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :party:

myoung36 said:
:wave: Hello fellow TFP enthusiasts! I'd like to have several umbrella sleeves in the concrete decking around my pool. I've found a few on-line but I'd love to make them myself because time is a factor. The pool is finished and the pb is building the retaining wall and will be putting the concrete in soon and I'm afraid if I order them they won't be here in time.

I read a thread on here recently but I cannot find it again...The poster had used a length of 1 1/2" pvc pipe for the sleeve and had even found a flush cap to seal it off when not being used. I'd LOVE to find out where those were purchased.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :party:

For my umbrella, my PB used the same type of brass cup that he used for the ladder and hand-rails. I can then secure a short length of PVC in the cup, and insert the umbrella in the PVC. I would guess that your PB should be familiar with this and should have extra brass cups available.

txsteel posted this in another thread: new-build-in-metro-st-louis-t56262-20.html#p472958

On the umbrella holders, you can make 6 of your own out of PVC for less than $4 each. 1 1/2" end caps $0.97,
1 1/2" female adaptor $1.11, 1 1/2" x 2' PVC $3.12, and cap $0.20. Add in PVC cement it is still under $5. Plus no shipping, just $2 worth of tax.. Ask the PB or plummer if they will make you some. Our PB supplied ours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.