Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Umbrella Sleeves

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Umbrella Sleeves

Hello fellow TFP enthusiasts! I'd like to have several umbrella sleeves in the concrete decking around my pool. I've found a few on-line but I'd love to make them myself because time is a factor. The pool is finished and the pb is building the retaining wall and will be putting the concrete in soon and I'm afraid if I order them they won't be here in time.

I read a thread on here recently but I cannot find it again...The poster had used a length of 1 1/2" pvc pipe for the sleeve and had even found a flush cap to seal it off when not being used. I'd LOVE to find out where those were purchased.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    26 x 37 x 8 Tee Shaped Pool / Mayan Liner w/ Sandstone colored bottom[/color]
    Hayward Max Flo vs pump
    SwimClear Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter
    Aqua Logic 15T Salt Generator
    2 Hayward Universal Color Logic Lights (12 volt transformer)
    12 Volt Dolphin M-4 Cleaner
    6 Foot Diving Board

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Umbrella Sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by myoung36
    Hello fellow TFP enthusiasts! I'd like to have several umbrella sleeves in the concrete decking around my pool. I've found a few on-line but I'd love to make them myself because time is a factor. The pool is finished and the pb is building the retaining wall and will be putting the concrete in soon and I'm afraid if I order them they won't be here in time.

I read a thread on here recently but I cannot find it again...The poster had used a length of 1 1/2" pvc pipe for the sleeve and had even found a flush cap to seal it off when not being used. I'd LOVE to find out where those were purchased.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
    For my umbrella, my PB used the same type of brass cup that he used for the ladder and hand-rails. I can then secure a short length of PVC in the cup, and insert the umbrella in the PVC. I would guess that your PB should be familiar with this and should have extra brass cups available.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DIY Umbrella Sleeves

txsteel posted this in another thread: new-build-in-metro-st-louis-t56262-20.html#p472958

On the umbrella holders, you can make 6 of your own out of PVC for less than $4 each. 1 1/2" end caps $0.97,
    1 1/2" female adaptor $1.11, 1 1/2" x 2' PVC $3.12, and cap $0.20. Add in PVC cement it is still under $5. Plus no shipping, just $2 worth of tax.. Ask the PB or plummer if they will make you some. Our PB supplied ours.
    --22k gallon pool/spa, IG, pebble w/ glass beads/abalone, all tile spa w/ stacked stone and spillway, 30 sf waterfall, 3 telescopic fountains, EZ Touch 8
    --Pentair VS3050, Whisperflo waterfall pump, Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Ozone, Q360 in-floor cleaning, 400k btu heater
    --100 perim ft pool, 25 perim ft spa, Depth 3.5' to 7', 405 sq ft travertine decking, TF100 test kit
    --Time Lapse Video of our Pool Build ---- Our Pool Build Thread