Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New once more!

1. Back To Top    #1

Rushville, IN

New once more!

Hello everyone. Cabman1939 here. We had a 24' above ground pool about 12 years ago and I've forgotten most of this stuff. We had a new inground fiberglass pool put in last fall and didn't get to use it. It's a Viking pool called the Barcelona. I live in central Indiana and we just opened it up about a week ago. Still waiting on the weather to warm up and I'm trying to get the water where it needs to be. I'll be reading a lot on here and I'm sure I'll find most of the answers I need. Come on SUMMER!
    18,500 gal.
    cartridge filter system
    IG Viking
    Fiberglass, Barcelona
    1-hp pump, gmh?

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: New once more!

I hope that when you're "trying to get the water where it needs to be," that you're not relying on the pool store tests and recommendations. The money they'll take will suck the joy right out of pool ownership.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: New once more!

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!