Remove debris from Polaris

May 10, 2012
Atlanta, GA
What's the best method for removing debris? In my case, sand. In my Polaris 380, AKA Jeeves. I have tried searching the archives, taking the unit completely apart, clearing the jets by pushing the debris into unit via a stiff piece of wire, and lastly, a shop vac on the hose just below the backup valve while hitting the jets with compressed air. I really thought the shop vac trick would do it...

Thanks!

To answer my own question, I have been using the coat hanger to extract the debris(most likely sand). This works, but requires a few minutes of disassembly and has to be done about every 3 hours of runtime due to the amount of sand I have get past the Polaris wall filter.

Note - what HAS been working for me is a different filter. I put in one of the filters which goes inline to the hose. This is in addition to the filter which is at the wall. After 12 hours of use with NO obstructions, I am declaring victory. The new filter is catching small amounts of sand everyday, but the smaller, wall filter has caught nothing. My guess is debris isn't forced through the inline filter like it is through the wall filter since it is downstream of the pressure relief valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.