Pool build underway in sunny Kansas City

Bvo

Feb 24, 2013
We are putting in a 14x30 rectangular salt water gunite pool with auto cover, gas heater, 2 skimmers and 4 returns, large square steps from one corner and a 4 foot long bench in the corner of the deep end (for seating) and concrete deck. Shallow end 3.5 ft waterline and 6 ft water line depth in deep end. Our pool is a social and sunbathing pool not meant for sports or diving. We've got a small backyard (with a 10 foot utility easement along the back fence line to boot) so we put the biggest pool we could while keeping lots of deck space (which I've seen recommended here - thanks for the tip!). We will also be putting in a covered bar area with TV and ceiling fan and privacy landscaping once the pool is done. Construction started in mid February but we've literally had rain or snow every week for 2 months which has really slowed everything. Concrete pour is Saturday. Attached are some of the first photos. I'll post a few more to show current status.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 224
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 224
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 224
The last photo is where we're at currently. We've got some mud and water in our formed out dirt pool!

Attachments

• photo14.JPG
    photo14.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 220
  • panorama2.jpg
    panorama2.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 220
  • photo11.JPG
    photo11.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 220
Forms mostly taken down. Of course it's raining here again so work is delayed. My builder says the concrete will cure for 30 days and then plastering. In the meantime, they are doing plumbing, coping, decking, etc. I'm happy with everything so far except I expected the shallow end to be 3'6 water depth and instead I got about 3'2 because of a misunderstanding about pool depth versus water depth. Also, there are a couple places in the concrete shell that were air pockets that they are going to fill with hydraulic cement. Hopefully that is the correct way to fix that problem.

Attachments

• photo21.JPG
    photo21.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 148
  • photo20.JPG
    photo20.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 148
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.