most trouble-free auto filler?

Apr 8, 2013
I'm getting ready to remodel my pool and since I'm in Tucson AZ, we get lots of evaporation. Looks like all the auto-fills do about the same thing... just different floats and valves. Which design is the most trouble-free long term?

Any suggestions on retrofitting a gunite pool to make sure the balancing tube doesn't leak? (marine epoxy, hydorlic cement, etc.)

12K gal IG, plaster, Tucson AZ (no equipment currently)

Not sure if any are more or less trouble-prone than others...any of them can stick and run all week, or stick and not run all week :roll:

I have the lever type (as opposed to the sliding cylinder float type) and it works OK. It gradually slips and fills the pool higher and higher over time, so I have to reset it every few months. No big deal.

I also have the brass lever type vs the one that uses a standard plastic toilet filler. I have had the pool 8 years and have had to adjust it a couple times and replaced the valve once.

Well if all the Tucson folk are responding ....

Had a brass one at previous house and added one at current house. I think I broke the arm at previous house, which was an easy fix. I don't think you need as deep of a bucket with that type of valve.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.