Sticky valve needs lubrication-what is recommended?

macdee

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2013
Southern CA
Hi- what are you suppose to use to lubricate the valves? The valve that switches between the spa and pool occasionally gets stuck and doesn't close all the way causing water to drain out of the spa into the pool when the pump is on. I think too much sun has taken a toll. Is there a special lubricant for those plastic valves? Thanks!

Hi Jason- not sure what actuated is. The pool is on automated schedule for the spa to run for 15min. a day to circulate the water. Some days the spa water level is drained down so I have to turn on the spillway to fill back up. Next day would be fine when the spa runs cuz that valve closes properly after the 15mins. Was told the valve probably needs to be lubricated so it opens and closes smoothly every time. The equipment was sitting in direct day for awhile but I finally put in a structure to shade. Thx.

The actuator is the box sitting on top of the valve that uses 24V power from the controller to turn the valves.

Likely you will have to pull the actuator off and then open up the valve to inspect and lube.

Here is a pic I just took - see how the valve is not closed all the way? So you're saying I need to open up that box underneath rather than spaying something on it? And what do I use? or do you think it's some other problem? Sorry, total newbie here.
Mary

Is there a small cap on the side of the valve? If there is, you can take it off and put some lube in it and screw it back on. If there isn't a lube cap, you need to remove the handle and the actuator (box looking thing) and then take the top off the valve. You can inspect it and replace any parts and then lube it as you put it back together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.