Is the AquaRay a waste of money?

Apr 9, 2013
We got the AquaRay flapper cleaner with our package. It clicks around the pool, but it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. I checked the vacuum pressure and it seems to be right on according to the little tool they give you to test it. The biggest issue I'm having with it is that it just seems to follow the edge of the pool and doesn't really get in the middle much. THe other problem is that it gets caught by the stairs.

Is this just a piece of junk or is there a trick to it?

Thanks!

If it is a segmented hose you may want to try removing one or two segments to see if anything changes. In my experience with owning a handful of suction side cleaners, performance in any give pool can be rather hit or miss. You may try a $300 cleaner that gets hung up constantly or you may have a $70 China import special that never gets caught. I will say this though to a degree you get what you pay for in overall build quality, while those $70 specials may clean good, they also tend to fall apart within a few months, where the more expensive models may last years before parts wear out, and then often replacement parts are available.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.