Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introduction :) :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Introduction :) :)

Hi everybody,

I'm in Austin, Tx. I'm at the end phases of a new pool build,plaster is going in today...

Glad to be here,loads of great info HERE AT TFP on the entire process.

WARNING!!!!!

Sadly mine is a subcontractor driven process so be advised get those lien waiver's get detailed/deminsioned plans and double/triple check them. Detailed/Demisioned plans are rare I'm told and from my experience with my pool.

Read this link first http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...a_pool_builder

Don't depend on the salesman's spill/drivel... OMG a salesman

You could be going to war with your PB which could be a retread/recycled from a past defunct/bankrupt company(check out the company's by name + principle owner's past record) If they are RETREADS they'll be merciless. Please avoid the mistake of to big an up-front payment $$$$$$. You will lose control of "The Power Of The Purse" and "YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK"

If you don't control the purse you'll be powerless to stop their unsatisfactory subcontractor's shenanigans.......... This is an expensive undertaking so be advised, leave nothing to a subcontractor's whimsy,don't settle for "the tried and true excuse of" we always do it that way BS" or the mind set of>>> blow and go 30 lbs of caulk + 50 mph they'll never know the difference

As for the BBB it's a waste of time/useless IMHO based on my pool builder's BBB report OMG(1 resolved issue). With ZERO past history of the pricipal owners........... like I sad useless!!!!

Did I say Useless???

Check complaints online on the BBB ...these companies pay them a fee for thier listing.

OMG!!!

What a deal!!! For WHO???

Good Luck Ya'll

ktc211
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introduction :) :)

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry your install is not going smoothly apparently.

As for the BBB it's a waste of time/useless IMHO
    This threw me for a second until I realized you meant Better Business Bureau and not what we call the BBB method of pool maintenance
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, ktc211

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    This threw me for a second until I realized you meant Better Business Bureau and not what we call the BBB method of pool maintenance
    Me too
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Better Business Bureau........

indeed BBB what an oxymoron......

It's a sad joke played on the general public IMHO
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

It's a sad joke played on the general public IMHO
    Pretty much the case, unfortunately. You BUY your way into the good graces of the Better Business Bureau.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to the forum

I'm sure lotsa folks will be checking out the internal workings of the BBB now!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Just watch this from ABC's 20/20

more info online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHxnlqJuZ2Y