Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex metal frame 16x48 refilling after "winter" (Florida)

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex metal frame 16x48 refilling after "winter" (Florida)

Hello all!

Came across this site after having an unsuccessful last pool season. Well I had the pool drained and disconnected however the pool wasnt covered over our "winter" because someone through the cover away because it "got dirty". Well I have cleaned out the leaves, planning on shifting it to a new location, ordering a intex 2600 gph sand filter, and cleaning the intex SWG with vinegar.

Now before I continue on this path to reopening the pool this weekend and spending additional money is it safe to continue? The liner had no leaks when it was drained around October and rather be safe than sorry.

Gracias folks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex metal frame 16x48 refilling after "winter" (Florid

Welcome to tfp, theproj

Quote Originally Posted by theproj
    Now before I continue on this path to reopening the pool this weekend and spending additional money is it safe to continue? The liner had no leaks when it was drained around October and rather be safe than sorry.
    It is not clear to me what your concern is. I would think you are good to go and setup. Make sure you study poolschool (link always at upper right), especially this article here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ater_generator
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Read the article on temporary pools too
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Make sure the new location is level and you have supports under the legs. We see a lot of Intex's with "Help it's out of level" threads.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320