Shock Process

I am using the shock process detailed on Pool School, and this morning I went out to test my FC so At 0740 it tested FC-6 CC-0. I added the recommended bleach as per the pool calculator. Then at 0910 it tested FC-13, CC-0.5. I waited until 1210 and it tested the same. I have added enough CYA to bring it up to 30 from 0 so my FC shock value should be 12, that has been my target throughout the whole process. Is this a concern or is this normal?

You should have lost at least some due to sunlight. Maybe the algae is all dead and it's overcast today?

How does the water look?

There's always the possibility of testing error. The accuracy is +/- one drop, and if the sample was off by a ½ ml or so, it's possible.

It is very overcast today. Yesterday it was very sunny and I added bleach every hour until last night. As or the condition of the water, when I started you could see the bottom in some places of the pool. After brushing and sweeping you can not see the bottom at all however, the color has changed to a lighter green compared to what it was Yesterday. It seems after I sweep it stirred everything up.

As for the DPD Powder I use 2 spoonfulls not exectally level but not heaping. As soon as I drop one spoon in it turns dark pink.

If the water turns a good pink on the first scoop, you should not need to add the second.

What is your filter pressure? What is your clean filter pressure?

If you have a lot of stuff floating, you may need to backwash to keep things improving.

After two days of my FC level up to 12 during the day and the next day it drops to around 10, I then bring it back up to 12. I also have added enough CYA to bring it up to around 25-30. All together I have used 14 gallons on bleach since I began three days ago. I am not seing any difference in the water clarity. I have been brushing the sides and bottom everyday, I even vacuumed once, I plan on doing it again tomorrow. Could it be a problem with my filter? I have already replaced the pump and it has good suction and return. My filter pressure remains around 10-11, when it gets up to 15 I backwash and rinse.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, I did the OCLT: Last night FC-12, this morning FC-10.5, the filter pressure went up 15%, and no change in water clarity Does this mean I still have algae in my pool and filter is cleaning out the dead algae? It just seems to be taking awhile to see a change in water color.

I am on day 12 of this process. I have kept the FC-12 and CC is either .5 or 0, I have tested my CYA and it is around 20-25. I can see change in the water clarity and can see my brush and sweeper at the bottom. Today I happened to find DE and added it to my filter as per pool school, the directions on the box were very similar to pool school. I think clear blue water is around the corner.

This is the first day I moved into my house.

the day I started my pump.

23 April 13

Today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.