Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit ?

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit ?

Has anyone done this upgrade, it's tough getting someone at Hayward Tech support who is familiar with it.

From what I understand, it is a board upgrade which will upgrade your Goldline Aqualogic P4 to a Prologic P4, as well it includes the Sense and Dispense kit.

I remember in the past finding it in the $600ish range but you can see them selling for as high as 800ish, and I've always been curious about the sense and dispense, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Has anyone performed this upgrade, any opinions if the investment is worth it?

Is it relatively simple, Can I do I do it myself or is an electrician or pool tech required?

Does a Pro Logic offer you anything over an Aqua Logic? aside from the ability add Sense and Dispense?
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaLogic P4 AQL-CHEM-UPG Chemistry Chassis Retrofit kit

I think it may also allow control of the Hayward color LED lights (?)
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't recommend any brand of ORP controller for an outdoor residential pool. The PH automation can be handy in some situations, especially if you have high TA fill water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I don't recommend any brand of ORP controller for an outdoor residential pool. The PH automation can be handy in some situations, especially if you have high TA fill water.
    I searched the forum and I saw all the negative responses, pity, $600ish would have been worth it for not ever having to manage the %level, just the cool factor alone.

Not sure there any point to upgrading the board from Aqua Logic to Pro Logic then, I'll have to check on the colour LED light thingy, not sure if that alone is worth it if that's all an upgrade would prove if I wouldn't be going sense and dispense.
    18' x 36" Ovalish 80,000 Litre Vinyl IGP. 2 speed 1HP Hayward pump SP2607X102S. 300 Pound Sand Filter. Summit Sum5 Heat Pump, Goldline Controls Aqua Logic P4 System, T-CELL-15 SWG, Aqua Pod Remote Control, Pentair 7845xx02 light.
    TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir Stirrer, Pool Chemist in training.