no air bubbles coming from jets

Jul 1, 2009
Hi

I have been having an issue for approx. 3 years now...the set of jets that run off the main pool pump and switches to the spa control is not pumping any air bubbles into the spa. This hasnt always been an issue, during the first few years I had the pool there were bubbles visible. I also have a second pump that controls aux jets in the spa and it functions fine with air bubbles. Their are two pipes next to the equipment with holes drilled in the caps. When functioning correctly there is suction from the tube and then I get bubbles. There is currently no suction from that particular pipe for the main pump. The pump does work and there is water being moved just no air being introduced. Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks!

Somewhere underground there's a venturi. It's probably clogged with leaves or mud or spider webs. I'd cut the cap off and shove a hose down there to clear it. Mine just has an elbow to keep things from going down the pipe. I generally keep it capped with a spray can cap held on by the suction. Less aeration = less pH climb. And when I'm using the spa, the lack of cold air injection keeps the water warmer. There's still plenty of action out the jets, enough to pound the stiffness out of muscles.

Are the venturi possible behind the jet nozzles?? I have pulled the jets out and removed another part with a socket. Is this the part you are referring to. I agree also with the warmer water, however, its more of a visual thing for me. Thanks for the info!!

I have not tried that but I do have a leaf blower. I originally thought maybe I just got water in that pipe with the holes and because it is vertical the water is just pooling. I will try the leaf blower/compressor and see. Thanks!! No the problem started when I installed the variable speed pump. I have messed with all the speeds and the problem has not gone away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.