Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Explosion in West, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Explosion in West, TX

There was a huge explosion in West, TX this morning that killed a lot of people and blew up schools, nursing homes, etc:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 35664.html

Doesn't TFP have some members from West? Brushpup, et al
    ~15k gal IG pebble pool/spa w/ water features, Goldline ProLogic + SWG, 2x Hayward Northstar pumps, Hayward Booster Pump, Hayward 60sqft DE filter, 400k BTU Hayward heater, Hayward Viio Turbo pool cleaner, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Explosion in West, TX

I hope everyone is safe. I'm sending up prayers for everyone effected by this horrible tragedy.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by elenaran
    There was a huge explosion in West, TX this morning that killed a lot of people and blew up schools, nursing homes, etc:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 35664.html

Doesn't TFP have some members from West? Brushpup, et al

Don't know if they are from West, TX or West Texas. Google Earth shows about 4 pools within the area of the blast.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

This is West, TX (near Waco witch is actually more considered North Texas). Not sure if we have any members between Waco and Dallas areas, but prayers go up to all the families involved in this incident.
    16K gal Plaster Pool (built approx. 1999)| 2HP Purex Triton WhisperFlo Pump | Polaris PB4 Booster Pump | Purex Triton Sea Horse Cartridge Filter FSH 500 (DE grids inside) | Hayward Vari-Flo Valve | Compool 3-Way Valves | Chlorine/Bromine Feeder Model 320 (Rainbow Lifegard) | Laars Lite Heater | Whisper Jet II (Tropic Air) | 6'9" x 6'9" Spa
    Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex

5. Back To Top    #5

I found a post from them on another forum where they give their location as Western TX.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

City of West, TX.

Definitely very sad. I've stopped at the Czech Stop numerous times. It was good to see the response that they got there on such a short notice too. There are benefits to having a major interstate run through your town, along with a large, metropolitan area only 60 miles to the north. They had help there really quickly. That will no doubt improve chances of survival.