Baking soda instead of Bioguard Balance Pak 100

here is my readings from pool store...
total chlorine 2.5
ph 7.4
TA 70
CYA 118
Hardness 231
I am trying to use the pool app on my phone and its saying to add 453 oz of bleach but Im sure thats not correct is it because I dont have any data entered for combined chlorine? They didnt give me a number for that at pool place. the pool calculator is also saying my cynauric acid is to high and to drain half of my pool!!!

Don't trust the pool store readings, they are exceptionally bad with CYA. But if CYA is that high it is recommended to lower it which typically involves replacing water. With high CYA you have to use lots and lots of bleach or any other chlorine source to keep it clear.

posted my results of cynauric acid in the pool calculater... should be 30-80 actual is 118. suggesting I replace half the water in my pool??????? Any other options? Funny I have had my water tested at the pool place 4 times this year and they never said anything about that. Probabally its because all the chemicals I have put in is the reason !!! :evil:

jodyliebing said:
posted my results of cynauric acid in the pool calculater... should be 30-80 actual is 118. suggesting I replace half the water in my pool??????? Any other options? Funny I have had my water tested at the pool place 4 times this year and they never said anything about that. Probabally its because all the chemicals I have put in is the reason !!! :evil:
All pool store results are suspect, but CYA results are less accurate than horoscopes. Wait until you get your own test before you do anything. It's a waste of time, effort, and money to do otherwise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.