Frogs

So, This Morning I went to check my pool while it is going through the shock process, and I checked the skimmer for debris and found sa frog in the skimmer. I tried to get him out but when I lifted the basket he jumped out and went back into the skimmer. I could not find him in the skimmer or pump basket. My question is how do you keep these thing away? If my wife sees a frog in the pool she may make me take the pool down.

The only way for you to keep frogs out of your pool is to create some sort of barrier that prevents their entry. Whether that is a cover, some sort of fence, or something else is really up to you. There isn't anything that you can add to your pool that deters them. Frogs like water. :)

Years ago I pool-sit for my bosses house on a golf course. First time I went out the check after a day of 2 there had to be 20+ dead frogs in the skimmer ... not fun to clean up :pukel:

They are pretty entertaining to watch swim around though.

Just get out there and remove em before the wife sees! Happens every year to us since we have a pond behind our fence. There are mornings I take out 4 or 5. Usually they are alive and swimming and I just scoop them out. Every now and then there is a dead one in the skimmer.

For every one that you pull out, tell yourself "I'm glad it's a frog and not a (cottonmouth, rattlesnake, copperhead, etc.)". That'll make you feel better about it. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.