Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool light

1. Back To Top    #1

pool light

just had a new pool liner put in and had my light bulb changed. now with the new light in there... the light comes on for about 20 mins... then goes off form15 to 20 mins.. then light comes back on. pool company has no idea... anyone have an idea.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: pool light

Most likely the light is overheating. Maybe they put the wrong bulb in the fixture.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, Ca

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Most likely the light is overheating. Maybe they put the wrong bulb in the fixture.
    When I bought my new (used) house with a pool and spa, I had a pool service check out the pool and spa. Spa light and one pool light was out and had him change them. Worked well for a few months, and then both the pool and spa lights would come off and on when in use. After a few months of the this the spa light quit. So I went ahead and replaced both lights myself. A little tricky since this was my first time, but both lights have worked steady for over a year. No clue why the new lights the servicman put in were flaky, but they were.
    30,000 gallon in ground pool, Jandy 1400 SWG, Jandy valves and controls, Sta rite cartridge filter, Just added solar panels and Starite Inellipro variable speed pump

I spent a lot of money on drag racing, good whiskey, and expensive cigars. The rest of my money I just wasted.

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Agree with JohnT. I'd have them come out and troubleshoot it and/or replace it.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT