Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cya black dot never disappears

1. Back To Top    #1

Cya black dot never disappears

So...what does it mean when the cya tube black dot never disappears?

My test results with the tf 1000 are
    Fc. 2.5
    Cc. 0
    Ph 7,2
    Ta. 60

Is this ok?

Sandy
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cya black dot never disappears

It means your CYA is less than 30 (or is it 20 on the TF-100?) Sounds like you should get some CYA in the pool. Put it in an old sock in front of the return.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cya black dot never disappears

Depends on how well you can see the dot.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=36

You can also test your testing: http://tftestkits.net/R-7065-CYA-Standa ... n-p34.html
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]